hopeless refers to me!
Still don't know my way around here!
Please go to hanging on the telephone to see my reply to you
Thank you!

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Salty
you are not hopeless you are doing a job of caring and no carers are hopeless.
I understand some of your problems.
My wife will not use the phone now.She will not watch television,says its all rubish or a waste of money.
She may watch some nature programme but not much.
By the way what sort of a salty dog are you?
Not a sea dog by any chance?
best wishes
Norman

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Norman

you say something interesting concerning Peg. Jan also said that TV was rubbish at the stage she could no longer concentrate to watch it.

I have often thought that perhaps people with dementia actually get an injection of clarity that the rest of us don't have.

Because, when I consider it, the absolutely vast majority of television programmes ARE absolute tosh - and that is not taking into account the satellite stuff, which seems even worse.

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Do you know what, Brucie: that's why it doesn't actually bother me at all that we don't have the TV on much now. I gave up trying to watch films, documentaries etc. years ago (before diagnosis), because they never held my husband's attention for long enough, and there's nothing worth than not finding out 'the end'. Now I realise it may well have been the 'beginning of the end' (sorry, silly pun) but we just couldn't quite see it yet.
I usually catch the 5.30 news bulletin in the morning, and perhaps the headlines while I prepare the evening meal, the rest of the time it's music for us - so much more uplifting and enjoyable, and one of the few things we can still share, not just to listen to, but also to talk about, comment on, sort out (the tape or cd cases), use as a distraction from a problem or an awkward mood ...... I honestly don't know where we'd be without it!

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Since Peg decided all the TV is rubish I have stopped watching it myself.
I only watch news and a documentary thats looks as if it may be good.
I try to read but Peg does her wandering round the house with many toilet stops.
Really this is my happy hour (or 2 or 3) after she has gone to bed,talking to TP friends.
Norman ;)