Hopeless Situation

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Taffy said:
. Dad feels so persecuted by the hospital and his mood goes from great anger to dismay as to how and why they done the things they did to him.Taffy.

Such a sad post Taffy. I hope your father feels safer now he`s home.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Taffy, I hope your dad settles soon. I think you're right, any negative experience takes its toll, but hopefully you'll be able to help him get over it.

Thinking of you,

Love,

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Taffy,
Just a word of hope that might help . . . .
When a member of my family was mentally ill (Severe psychotic episodes) anger was one of the primary symptoms. After the medication kicked in (took a few days) the anger gradually subsided and it was SUCH a relief to have the "real" person back.

If the medication doesn't seem to be working within a week, I'd be demanding it be reviewed. It may take more than a week to really work, but I'd think you should see some hopeful signs by then . . . ?? (Always remembering I have NO medical training!!)

I read about your Mum and the birthday party on Margaret's thread - it is difficult for you,but at least you know she is happy. That in itself is a blessing.

As always, my thoughts are with you.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
It is so easy when all of this is going on to forget that YOU need to get a rest from it all. I hope that you can get a few hours respite just for yourself. Easier said than done I think but I do hope you can. xxx TinaT

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Sylvia Hazel Nell & Tina,

Thank you for the support. Dad is much better at home he has been on his medication for four days and as you said Nell, the anger has all but gone now. Dad is sleeping most of the day and nearly all night. His appetite is much better, but, his mouth is very dry also his vision isn't as clear as it usually is, it's probably the side affects of the medication. The aged care mental health nurse was supposed to come on Friday, but, some how dad's notes from the ward went astray and now they are chasing them up. Not very satisfactory, dad should be seen on Monday now, he also sees his GP on Monday. Dad has no idea he is on this medication so I don't know what the outcome will be if he is told.

Tina, today I told dad that I'll phone him tomorrow morning as usual, but I wont be over till the afternoon. My intentions are to have a break. I'll phone the home tomorrow, as, yesterday and today mum was firing on all cylinders. She wants to come home and boy, she has a bee in her bonnet, so I feel it's best to stay away. Usually, I see her every second day but if I find things not well then I go again the next day. First thing Monday morning I'm phoning the RN to request her urine be tested. No RN's on duty weekends and the ambulance is called for anything the carers can't handle. Take Care Taffy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peej