1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Lavender45

Lavender45 Registered User

Jun 7, 2015
    Liverpool
    Mum is just on her way to bed with a dish cloth in her hand. Why does she want the dish cloth, well there's no flannel. I get the logic, but it's so frustrating and sometimes its these little things that upset me the most.

Poor mum is struggling with Christmas, the idea of cards and presents seems too much for her. The reality is I'm the one organising, shopping, cards etc for Christmas and that is fine, if only she'd stop fretting.

My birthday is right on top of Christmas and mum has always made a big thing about 2 presents not one. For the first time ever this year she has suggested a combined present. A pair of slippers. Presumably one foot per occasion. I sound present obsessed, I'm truly not, it just makes ne so sad how things have changed in the last 2 years.

Just really needed to moan though its really something and nothing. Oh and there is a flannel in the bathroom!

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Moan away. :)
    I do understand how you feel about your birthday.

3. Ozzy71

Ozzy71 Registered User

Nov 23, 2015
    It's really hard, I hope you have a lovely birthday. :)