Home Visit for 2nd Jabs

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
Hi all, just a heads up that the 12 week "deadline" for my dad having his 2nd jab would have been this Saturday coming. We'd assumed that the vac hub/GP would be in touch and call us to arrange them coming out (that's what we were told), but as of this morning we hadn't heard anything so I thought I'd chase it up.

When I called it seems like dad had slipped through the cracks on the system, he wasn't down to have his 2nd jab at all.

I know they're absolutely doing their best and it's been a Herculean effort to get the population vaccinated, but thought it was worth mentioning :) If you're caring for someone in the same position, it might be worth a call to your GP to make sure they're on the list for jab 2.

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
My MIL had her first jab on 13th Jan and only had her second nearly 17 weeks later and only after much chasing vis 119 and her GP. I think part of the problem was that she had Pfizer. If it hadn’t been done this week I was going to contact her MP. All very annoying after PM and Health Secretary said 8n March that there wouldn’t be any delays or cancellations of 2nd jabs

Kay111

Sep 19, 2019
Fingers crossed your GP are more on it than ours @jennifer1967 .

@Melles Belles - 17 weeks!!! That's terrible!!! I'm glad it's been sorted now though. Dad's supposed to be getting a visit at some point today so we have our fingers crossed it happens.