Home on lockdown, missing mum.

mjw1304

Oct 9, 2017
Saw mum last Saturday as usual and I pop in one night in the week after work. Went last night and got turned away as they are in lockdown due to a sickness bug. I fully support this and am grateful that mum is one of the lucky residents in her small home with ensuite facilities. This will keep her safer from infection than the shared toilet. However, as she is nearly blind she cannot watch TV so is just sitting in her room alone. She usually sits in the lounge for company but for now is safer where she is. I cannot visit tomorrow as I normally would due to the lockdown and just feel I would like to reassure her that I will be in as soon as I can. The staff have said they will pass on message but I do feel so sorry for the daft old bat! This is a term of endearment we use along with calling her my BBLM which she loves as it stands for barking but loveable mum.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Oh dear. Bugs are going round everywhere right now, I think. Does she have a radio for some entertainment?

mjw1304

Oct 9, 2017
Oh dear. Bugs are going round everywhere right now, I think. Does she have a radio for some entertainment?
She does but she can't work it. The carers put it on then she tries to turn it up, or down depending what's on but messes up the tuning. We have taped it but she pulls it off. We have also tuned TV to radio but same thing happens. They are popping in to sit with her for a bit periodically but it's just going to be tough until she's allowed back to lounge and I do miss her