Home Help

wattbiker

Apr 24, 2019
So after being fairly stable for a good few months it appears that Dads condition is starting to deteriorate. Mom is going to need some assistance at home, i presume other people here have experienced this and i'm looking for a bit of advice on how to get the process started. All comments would be gratefully received! Thanks...

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
If you are thinking about care assistants @wattbiker then a care needs assessment for your dad and a carers assessment for your mum would be the first place to start. Their local authority social services department will the people to ask. It can take a few months, and their local carers support centre can help with the forms.

wattbiker

Apr 24, 2019
If you are thinking about care assistants @wattbiker then a care needs assessment for your dad and a carers assessment for your mum would be the first place to start. Their local authority social services department will the people to ask. It can take a few months, and their local carers support centre can help with the forms.

Thank you.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
If by any chance your parents re self-funding you don't need to go through social services, you can organise it all on their behalf. I did this for my mother, I just googled 'dementia care at home' plus the location, and found a care agency who did everything she needed.

wattbiker

Apr 24, 2019
If by any chance your parents re self-funding you don't need to go through social services, you can organise it all on their behalf. I did this for my mother, I just googled 'dementia care at home' plus the location, and found a care agency who did everything she needed.
That's great thank you.