1. wattbiker

wattbiker New member

Apr 24, 2019
    So after being fairly stable for a good few months it appears that Dads condition is starting to deteriorate. Mom is going to need some assistance at home, i presume other people here have experienced this and i'm looking for a bit of advice on how to get the process started. All comments would be gratefully received! Thanks...

2. nae sporran

nae sporran Volunteer Host

Oct 29, 2014
    Male
    Bristol
    If you are thinking about care assistants @wattbiker then a care needs assessment for your dad and a carers assessment for your mum would be the first place to start. Their local authority social services department will the people to ask. It can take a few months, and their local carers support centre can help with the forms.

3. wattbiker

wattbiker New member

Apr 24, 2019
    Thank you.

4. Sirena

Sirena Registered User

Feb 27, 2018
    Female
    If by any chance your parents re self-funding you don't need to go through social services, you can organise it all on their behalf. I did this for my mother, I just googled 'dementia care at home' plus the location, and found a care agency who did everything she needed.

5. wattbiker

wattbiker New member

Apr 24, 2019
    That's great thank you.