Home from hospital

Sharin

Aug 30, 2019
Hi all
My mother came home on Friday.
Consultant said we may get a week or days with her.
They tried to treat her for a uti but didn't get a therapeutic dose of antibiotics into her as she kept refusing (she was taking them for family)
They tried iv tazocin which I understand is for a chest infection, even though she had no symptoms. Iv dislodged twice.
Developed cough & expectorating green phlegm before discharge but no further antibiotics given.
She is drinking small amounts, some days about 200ml Fortijuce, other days takes nothing. Hasn't eaten other than a mouthful, for a month.
Now a nasty, hacking cough is getting worse, I suspect a chest infection & it sounds awful. Would GP give antibiotics to keep her comfortable? Would it be right to ask?
So hard to watch my mother like this.
Sharon x

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hi all
My mother came home on Friday.
Consultant said we may get a week or days with her.
They tried to treat her for a uti but didn't get a therapeutic dose of antibiotics into her as she kept refusing (she was taking them for family)
They tried iv tazocin which I understand is for a chest infection, even though she had no symptoms. Iv dislodged twice.
Developed cough & expectorating green phlegm before discharge but no further antibiotics given.
She is drinking small amounts, some days about 200ml Fortijuce, other days takes nothing. Hasn't eaten other than a mouthful, for a month.
Now a nasty, hacking cough is getting worse, I suspect a chest infection & it sounds awful. Would GP give antibiotics to keep her comfortable? Would it be right to ask?
So hard to watch my mother like this.
Sharon x

my Dad is at end of life care,
Pain relief & keeping your mum comfortable is all you can do; it’s quality of life over quantity now- trust Mei know how difficult this decision is. You have had consultants who have helped you come to this decision. I have had to fight & continue to do so with Dads care home for them to follow medical advise.
Spend time with your Mum & I send you all my love & hope for light to come soon
Xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK

Sharin

Aug 30, 2019
My mother passed away Monday.
She is at peace now & no longer enduring this most horrid condition.
My heart goes out to everybody here & in your continued fight, I wish you as well as it can be.
Kind regards
Sharin

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news @Sharin
your mother is at peace
and I hope there's peace for you too, and comfort knowing you did all you could for her
be kind to yourself

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
My heart goes out to everybody here & in your continued fight, I wish you as well as it can be.
Kind regards
Sharin

I am so glad your mother is finally at peace, it must have been incredibly hard. I pray every day that both my parents will die quickly in their sleep so the misery of this disease can’t torture them any longer.

I hope when you’ve had time to heal you can remember you’re lovely mum when she was happy xx

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Kind regards
Sharin
I’m so sorry for your loss & so pleased that your mum is at peace now. Sending you love & light xxxxx