Home, Clean Home

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
One thing I have learnt is that it is impossible to keep the home clean and well, clean. Everything goes anywhere except, you guessed it, in the waste bin. Unwanted breakfast, toast and marmalade, how about down the side of the sofa, or in the cooking basins. Even though we ate in the kitchen. Nice sticky easy to melt chocolate sweetees - in the jean pocket or down the side of the sofa. Walk into the garden with slippers on, through the mud and back in doors :) Best one yet is a banana, whole or skin only I'm not sure but this was in the wardrobe under her clothes turning shelf and clothes black. Not sure how long that was there before I found it, looking a bit like an Egyptian mumified something. :D
Still there's always tomorrow to start cleaning again. I have nothing else to do.:D :D :D :D
cris
ps this is NOT a moan

Last edited:

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Well done, Cris!

I found myself in a large supermarket this morning learning all there is to know about 'fridge de-odourisers'.

I don't know where the fish came from :eek: .... how they had got to be in mum's fridge .... (check it daily for 'Use by dates' or the odd slipper :eek: !) .... how it had got to the fridge when it had clearly 'gone off' already - or had it? .... presumably in some place I have yet to discover a similar 'whiff'!!!!!!

Keep smiling as much as you can .....:)

I try to think of it as mum still 'trying to keep me on my toes' and out of mischief myself ...... :D

Much love and sympathy/empathy/smiles,

Karen, x

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
Dear Cris, Karen, Margarita,
your posts made me laugh out loud, reminding me of the little "treats" that I often discovered in various hidey holes around mums house. A dish of pebbles in the fridge, half eaten sandwiches under the pillow, and the day she tore open every tea bag in a 240 size box to put in the caddy, needless to say most of it ended up on the floor.
As you righly say Cris...the cleaning is never ending:)

Ally AKA Domestic Goddess:D xx

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
allylee said:
Dear Cris, Karen, Margarita,
your posts made me laugh out loud, reminding me of the little "treats" that I often discovered in various hidey holes around mums house. A dish of pebbles in the fridge, half eaten sandwiches under the pillow
Ally AKA Domestic Goddess:D xx

When you find half eaten pebbles is when you really need to worry :eek:

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Karen

Smells in fridge.

Try bicarnbonate of soda made into a paste and rub it into all surfaces of the fridge and leave it for a few hours, then wash off. Lemon juice is also good. Rub a lemon all over the interior of the fridge.

Mum did this to me also, when she stayed for in one of my holiday cottages for a few nights, a couple of years ago. She put frozen food in the freezer compartment, turned of the fridge and as I didn't have a rental for a few weeks, I didn't think to check. I didn't know she had any food with her. By the time I discovered it the fridge was stinking and I had a let arriving two days later

The bicarbonate and lemon worked, leave the door open

Alfjess

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi allylee

Teabags are the bain of my life.

I don't know what Mum and Dad think they are, but I find them everywhere. Bedside drawers, under pillows, Dad's trouser pockets, jacket pockets. Mums handbag, bathroom, folded in hankies in pockets and in shoes.

They are also ripped open and sprinkled on any concoction my Mum thinks she is "COOKING" for"DINNER"

As you can imagine, I am forever buying teabags for them.

Alfjess

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Gosh I remember when my mother first done that in front of me , take something out of the freezer and just put it on top of the fridge then try to eat it from frozen , I really thought she was trying to wind me up , was glad to see when she took medication for AZ it all stop .

Gill W

Jan 31, 2007
Co. Durham
This thread has brightened my day no end!

What is this fascination with tea bags with AD sufferers? Isn't that odd, that they all seem to be playing with them to some degree. My brother-in-law's mum is a sufferer, although undiagnosed, and she insists on taking used tea bags and wandering around with them in her pockets, even inside her knickers on one occasion! lol

Mum found empty bread bags, all tidied and delicately folded, inside Gran's dresser drawer the other day. And shampoo in the tray for the washing machine?!!

You have to laugh......

Gill
XX

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Does make one wonder :confused: , could it be some where in her memories, she going back to the war time where every thing was like being recycled because of the rations, then when others who try to open the tea bags , they getting confused when tea was not made in tea bags , you never know , but it does make you wonder why
Old habit coming back and forgetting how things are now, so what seem strange to us , to them its normal :D

j.j

Jan 8, 2007
yes t bags seem to be a big attrection my mam tried to buy things in the shop with t bags, and i even found them buttered in the morning,

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi All

I think I have worked out the teabags! They are currency!

To-day, I was giving Mum and Dad lunch, as I always do. Dad took 4 teabags out of his pocket and gave them to Mum. She counted them, said that is £4.00 and offered them to me in payment for lunch (not that I ever charge them for anything)

Just goes to show that they still like to be thinking, they are paying their way, "bless them"

What would be great, is if my not so wonderful brother, asked for money and they gave him it in teabags.

Do you think I could give them a box of teabags instead of their pension:D
At least they then couldn't give it to my brother or lose it

Alfjess

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Alfjess, that's wonderful! I love the idea of paying in tea bags.:D

You have to have a sense of humour in this game, don't you?

Love,

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
Thanks for everyones replies. I did not expect such a big response. But a great big laugh. Next time I'm in Tesco I will have to take t-bags out of my wallet. Will i get a way with it :eek: :) :D
cris

road2nowhere

Aug 10, 2006
Caerphilly
www.imfo4u.co.uk
Gill W said:
This thread has brightened my day no end!

What is this fascination with tea bags with AD sufferers? Isn't that odd, that they all seem to be playing with them to some degree. My brother-in-law's mum is a sufferer, although undiagnosed, and she insists on taking used tea bags and wandering around with them in her pockets, even inside her knickers on one occasion! lol

Mum found empty bread bags, all tidied and delicately folded, inside Gran's dresser drawer the other day. And shampoo in the tray for the washing machine?!!

You have to laugh......

Gill
XX
This thread has made me laugh - thank you! With my Mum, it was tissues and pieces of kitchen roll. She was to those what Ray Milland was to alcohol in the film “Lost Weekend”! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037884/)

Another one was Rich Tea biscuits – I’d find them wrapped up in (you’ve guessed it) tissues and pieces of kitchen roll in some really peculiar places! Strange the obsessions that come with the condition. Keys and her purse/handbag were others.
:rolleyes:

Gill W

Jan 31, 2007
Co. Durham
Here's a new one!

Gran has been missing her teeth for a little while now. She put them in the blue pot where she always puts them and back on the bathroom shelf, but apparently my uncle has started to bring a little girl with him when he visits, (he doesn't have a little girl and I can't remember the last time he bothered to visit, but thats not the topic!), and this little girl must have moved her teeth.......

We gave up looking, because we always find things when we do stop looking?

I went in Gran's kitchen cupboard today to get a pan out for mince & dumplings. What did I find, right at the back of the cupboard, hidden by everything?

Yup! Gran's pot with her teeth in! The mind boggles!

Gill
XX

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
[QUOTE=Gill W
Yup! Gran's pot with her teeth in! The mind boggles!

Gill
XX[/QUOTE]

Be thankful you found them!!! We are STILL looking for Mum's teeth - three months later!! Have had to have new ones made, which are (you guessed it!) "not like my real teeth" and therefore not well accepted at all.

We can only think Mum's teeth ended up down the loo because we have turned her room in the Hostel upside down with no result!! :D Nell

Gill W

Jan 31, 2007
Co. Durham
Ohh goodness!

I guess we should count our lucky stars then huh? lol

I must have read this thread ten times over and it still makes me smile! :p

Gill
XX