Home Care Provider

Fudge2012

Jan 19, 2021
Hello,
I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now as Mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's just before Xmas.
I live an hour away from her and visit once a week to help her and support my sister who lives around the corner from her.
She lives alone, shes still able to dress herself, make her own food (same things every day) and she doesnt do any house work.
She needs a lot of prompts to take medication/drink water, etc. so we were thinking to look at getting care in to help with these things initially and increase their role as time goes on.
I was hoping to find some recommendations on here from people who use a care provider in the Wigan/Warrington area of the North West please.
Thanking you in advance.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Fudge2012. Welcome to Talking Point. I hope you will find it helpful and supportive.

Sadly we do not encourage recommendations. This is simply because of the different needs of people with dementia, the different expectations of family and the staff changes in all providers. No one can be sure any findings will remain constant.

The following advice from the Alzheimer`s Society might help.

Fudge2012

Jan 19, 2021
Hi Sylvia,

I completely understand,.
I'll do some more investigating.
Thank you for your reply.