Home Alone

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Beautiful post Padraig, so lovely that you found each other and raised a wonderful family. I hope you're in less pain today.

Padraig

Dec 10, 2009
Hereford
Though I had only one visitor on Christmas I'm pleased all family members are OK. It was a concern during my caring days, as four in of our family serve in the forces. During that period our eldest grandson served in Nr. Ireland, Bosnia, Iran and Afghanistan and returned safely. It will come as no surprise if I'm to learn some are/were on duty for the floods.

Just over a week since my accident and I'm much improved, thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I'll keep remembering you all in my prayers. Best wishes for the New Year.

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Padraig.

We are reminded to give some thought for 'old folk' living alone at this time of the year. It must be a very sad and lonely period for them.

This year I expect to spend the Christmas period alone, but I'm not too concerned as of today. On Saturday morning around five o'clock I bent over to put on my track suit bottom when I lost my balance and fell backward. The full impact of the fall was against the sharp corner of a dresser. It struck below the rear right rib cage. My arm was damaged in two places and the pain was unbearable. As our daughter is on holiday in Spain for the holidays the only person I knew to contact was our son. Unfortunately he lives some distance away and is disabled, but he managed to get to me and arrange a visit from the para-medics. My inside organs are bruised and I have to take pain killers four times a day.
The good news is that there's a slight improvement and can now get about a little. So Christmas will be fine as I've got all my food in and I plan to have sausage, egg and baked been for Christmas dinner. In addition I've bought a new computer and can speak to our daughter using skype. She is the most wonderful gift my late wife bestowed on me.
There is so much to be thankful for: a warm house, cloths and food. With a little luck I'll attempt to get back running and live life my way.

I hope you are feeling better and not so bruised. Also that your Christmas was not too lonely,but i know the days can be very long. Television and Radio can be a lot of good company. I find our local bbc Station very good with local news and whats going on! Wish you well.xxx