Hols!

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Everyone

I'm off on my hols tomorrow too. John and I are going to a hotel in North Berwick for three nights.

I'm a bit apprehensive, I didn't think we'd manage any more hotel holidays, so it's a bit of an experiment.

Wish me luck!

Love,

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
I wish you lots of luck Hazel - but I am sure that you will be OK.
Don't expect too much - enjoy the fact that someone else will be cooking your meals and doing the washing up - and just enjoy the time that you share.
Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good Luck Hazel. I`m sure it will be fine.

When my husband and I go on holidays, even though he becomes confused in a new environment and still needs the same care, there are no other responsibilities for me, so I can be with him without any distractions.

For you, there`ll be a bit more social atmosphere to enjoy and a change of scene. It will also be good to be waited on. No dinner to make, no dishes to wash. Lovely!

Let us know how it went when you get home. Love Sylvia x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
ENJOY!!!!!
Will be thinking about you. Truly hope you can relax a little. Enjoy a massage (or two or three ../ ).

Our turn in March.

Lots of love Jan

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
I am sure everything will be fine. Lots of good vibes coming your way.
Make the most of some 'special' time together. Love,

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Good luck Skye on your mini break, i hope it all works out ok for you and John.

Enjoy the change of scenery and above all, try to unwind.

Thinking of you both.........can`t wait for your report when you get back.

Love Jan. X :)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi everyone

Thanks for all the good luck messages, and the positive vibes -- they worked!

We had a really good few days, lovely weather, bitterly cold but sunny, super hotel, gorgeous food, lovely hot spa pool -- and John behaved himself really well. No incontinence problems, enjoyed his meals, (after help with which cutlery, cutting up, etc).

He really missed Skye though, and I found that very touching. He kept wondering how the 'wee fella' was getting on. He can't remember her name, or even that she's a lady! She's back home too now, and sleeping off her adventures.

So I'm back, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and ready to face reality again.

So what do I give him for dinner tonight, now he's used to cordon bleu, and when do I start the diet?

Much love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Hazel,

I`m so glad everything worked out well for you and John and you had a good holiday.

It`s given me a bit of encouragement as we`re due to go away at the end of March.

Love Sylvia x

Gill W

Jan 31, 2007
Co. Durham
So glad you enjoyed yourselves!

A change is as good as a rest isn't it? Pity the weather was crumby, but I know the break will have done you both the world of good.

Pleased that you've been able to spend time while you still can.

Gill
X