Holidays

Beak

Mar 21, 2014
Does anyone know of any organisations which can provide holidays for people with dementia? My mother often complains that she never gets to go on holiday and I would like to arrange one for her in a suitable place

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Well done Jeany!

They look interesting. Shame they are so far away from us!

Last edited:

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Have you approached your local Alzheimer's society? Mine here signposted two holiday accommodations for people with dementia.

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
It was mentioned yesterday on the CrISP course I was on. Have you contacted your local Alzheimer's association?

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
There is a place in Norfolk run by Leonard Cheshire organisation, called Park House Hotel where they do holidays for disabled and Carers. It's mostly people in wheel chairs such as stroke victims and arthritis people, but they took us and didn't turn a hair still any if OH more challenging behaviour . ( He was post op and had two infections!). It would it would be ideal for those with multiple problems. There are Carers and a nurse on duty at all times and you can choose what level of care you need. It's not cheap, obviously, but some are LA funded.
Some guests had been going for 20 years! There are activities and trips arranged if you want them.

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
There is a website called tourismforall. I don't know how helpful it is but worth a look. Hope you find something.