Holiday

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
We should have been in Madeira this week! I cancelled it because of John's sudden descent into incontinence, and he's complained ever since! He LOVES holidays.

Anyway, I've been googling all afternoon and have booked a week in an old coach house in Pitlochry on 3 Nov. I've printed out all the info, and John is very excited. I hope it works OK. I now have a supply of pads and kylie sheets (thanks TP). I hope it works out!

Skye

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I used to love Cliff Bay - I miss Madeira!

Sorry you had to cancel but hope the Pitlochry holiday works our well. Is it self-catering? Best wishes Beckyjan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks BeckyJan. Yes, it's self-catering, couldn't risk a hotel. And we're taking the dog, Hope we get good weather, the autumn colours should be good this year. Lots of walks, with nice country pubs at the end!

Getting excited already.

Skye

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh Hecky Pecky - Skye - you are taking the dog!!!!!!!! We lost our beautiful labrador in March and I miss her so so much. Enjoy every minute of your holiday. (Where did you stay in Madeira - one day I will go back although I understand it is still changing (concrete everywhere so perhaps we are not missing too much!). Take care Beckyjan

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Pitlochry is lovely Skye, say "hello" to the fish ladder and dam for me! Dad used to love our family holidays in Scotland - which I think is at it's most beautiful in the Autumn. I hope it all goes well.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I've never been to Madeira. It's been on the list for ages, and when I finally get round to booking it, look what happens! Perhaps I'm fated never to get there. Not the end of the world, we've been to all the Canary slands. We were going to the Pestana Bay hotel with Saga. We've got all the money back, though, so good for them.

My dog's a Westie (called Skye -- I pinched her name!) She's gorgeous, just over a year old.

Skye

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Great minds! Will you have another dog? It's great to have someone (yes, she's human) to cuddle. The unconditional love makes everything else bearable.

Skye

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Skye and Beckyjan
I pinched part of both my dogs names Alfie and Jessica, sadly Jessica my St Bernard died about 8 months ago. Alfie is a little rescue dog, well maybe medium sized, but compared to my last 3 dogs all Saints he seems little.
Although Alfie is a great character and I wouldn't be without him, I would like another St Bernard, but I realise I couldn't give the time to a pup at the moment, having Mum, Dad and sometimes mother-in-law to care for ........... AH well .......... maybe someday
Skye, hope you have a lovely time in Pitlochry. If later, after you come back and feel the need for another break, I have some self catering holiday cottages in a small village, at the bottom of the Tinto Hills, near Biggar. There is not a lot in the village, but the scenary is good. I know it isn't the same as Maderia.
I have just read over this reply and realised it might appear as though I am trying to drum up business, I am not, I wouldn't charge someone, who is experiencing this terrible disease, be it sufferer or carer
love
Alfjess

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Alfjess

Sorry about your St Bernard. They're such beautiful dogs. I found it hard going when we first got Skye, like any pup she chased feet and trouser legs, and John couldn't be bothered with that. I thought for a while I wouldn't be able to keep her. But they get on well now she's older.

Thanks for the offer of the cottage. I don't suppose we'll be going away again this year, but if this one works out we may take you up on it in the spring.

Cheers, Skye

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Skye
Just PM me, I will let you have address details etc and if I have a cottage available when you need it, you are very welcome. Of course Skye (westie) is welcome also.
Alfjess