Holiday

BeeBeeDee

Apr 19, 2023
I am off to Crete to-day for 2 weeks. Got OH into a lovely care home on Monday for 3 weeks respite. Was dreading getting him through the door as he had always adamantly rejected respite, or any form of care up to that point. However, with the support of the admiral nurse and a splashing of devious untruths the task was done. After so long as OH`s sole carer I desperately need the break to recharge my batteries and consider how to move forward. I also think it will provide the opportunity for others to see the stage OH has reached in his dementia, whereas up to this point they have only had my word to describe how he is.
Hope you have a lovely holiday X

2ndAlto

Nov 23, 2012
I am off to Crete to-day for 2 weeks. Got OH into a lovely care home on Monday for 3 weeks respite. Was dreading getting him through the door as he had always adamantly rejected respite, or any form of care up to that point. However, with the support of the admiral nurse and a splashing of devious untruths the task was done. After so long as OH`s sole carer I desperately need the break to recharge my batteries and consider how to move forward. I also think it will provide the opportunity for others to see the stage OH has reached in his dementia, whereas up to this point they have only had my word to describe how he is.
Have a very well deserved rest @Anthoula