Holiday

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Hi Barb
How I agree with everything you have said.
We have just come back from a holiday in a cottage by the sea and it was a nightmare, hubby could not settle was very disintoriated, got very upset all the time was crying to go home so in the end we came back early and I was so upset because I so needed this break.
My hubby had a mini stroke on my birthday a few weeks ago and since then he has gone down bank so fast and our life has changed so much this last few weeks that I think I will have to think about respite for my own sanity as I am not coping ay all well.
I wish you all the best Barb we are so alike in our situations I am 60 and my hubby is 74.
Take care Roseann

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Holidays

Dear Roseann..and Barb..

Holidays do become a nightmare.
I'm thinking that I won't do them now!

Have tried for the last 2 years since Eric was diagnosed..taking him out of his secure environment makes it much harder for me..

He is stressed..I am stressed..

Therefore it is not a holiday..

It's not easy..I'd love a holiday..but I'm being realistic about what I could manage..

I am 60 and my hubby is 74.

I'm 55 this year..Eric is 71..

Love gigi xx

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
That is the wonderful thing about Ron

He does not get stressed, he never get's angry
I get stressed, I get angry. Ron is the most sweet natured person you could ever meet. Everyone, and anyone who has met him will say the same. He must have been born as a sweet natured child, and now, I sopose he has gone back to being just that.
I have some stress at home, so why not on holiday, he will only do the same thing's while away that he does at home - though no washing machine. But I am sure we can solve that one. Yes, the airport will ne a problem, had kind advice from Christine,(thank's)and all of you have been so kind.
I think now after our scare on Thursday evening, it has made it more important to do more with Ron, after all, none of us will live forever.
I am worried about leaving mum on her own if we go away, perhap's I can convince her to come with us. But she did say never again, after last year. Don't get me wrong, mum has all her faculties, she does however have a bad heart. And, she did move to be near me (6 door's away) so she could call me if needed. When she get's back from Malta, I expect, about another week or so, we will talk. I cannot do anything untill Ron has his MOT on Friday.
Never, say never.
Love to you all
Barb & Ron X:)

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
PS I will never consider respite

Not even for one night.
I would consider someone in my home all night looking after Ron. But, I hope that is very far in the future.
I respect all who have no other choice but to take respite, and god know's, some night's it would have been welcome. But, just to gain an extra hour's sleep, who am I kidding, I would not sleep, I need to know he is with me, even if it would be in the next room.XXX

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Holidays.....

Barb..

I admire your fortitude..

Perhaps I'm too cautious..

Or too selfish..

Or not adventurous enough..?

Hope it all works out ..

Love gigi xx

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Courage, don't have any

Doggied determination, maybe. And, a bit of do not tell me what to do.
And Gigi, you are not selfish, never. Anyone, everyone who cares for a loved on with this illness - well that is not selfish. it is putting that person before themselves. All the time thinking what can we do to make their life better.
We all do what we can, some have much harder a life, and some don't.
I will try to take us away, and that is all I can do, try.
Now here is something for you all, I have been reading the Dictionary - don't faint.:)
FORTUITSM
Belief in chance and natural causes, not design
Well Ron got this illness by chance- so onward and upward.

Barb & Ron XX:)