Holiday joy, sadness and new awareness

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
Hi Talking Point Buddies, just a follow up on our holiday ( I think not)
I'm so sorry this didn't work out for you. What on earth? Where on earth, how and when do we deal with this?
I'm not quite ready to give up yet - since we arrived home on Monday my PWD has talked about our week away in glowing terms and even said he'd liked to have stayed longer (D'Uh?) - perhaps I'll have another try come March or so. Or maybe not.

Angtrog

Mar 25, 2020
I'm so sorry this didn't work out for you. What on earth? Where on earth, how and when do we deal with this?
I'm not quite ready to give up yet - since we arrived home on Monday my PWD has talked about our week away in glowing terms and even said he'd liked to have stayed longer (D'Uh?) - perhaps I'll have another try come March or so. Or maybe not.
You go for it girl dont give up get yourselves another holiday booked while you can. Even now he is still staying I did not tell him about the holiday until the last minute!!! People with dermentia like routine and I might have scuffled that for him. On a different note I had to call the doctor out as he hasnt been very well with an upset stomach tuesday and wednesday, now the doctor is saying they might have given him the infection with the anitbiotics that he was given a couple of weeks ago, so now the doctors want another water sample and faeces sample as soon as possible then they will decide what they are going to do.I just wonder when we are going to have a break from all this they is never a week goes by that some thing goes wrong. Next week he has to have an endpscopy that is going to be fun!!!

Laura40

Dec 10, 2017
England
Just popping back on to see how your trip went, was a while ago I know. Sorry to hear it didn't. But you had to try, so well done you.
I bought our motorhome, specially adapted and although we can't use it yet(covid restrictions) . I have been taking hubby out in it weekly to local parks. Not used the facilities etc yet as we don't really stay out more than an hour and a half but he is getting used to it and I always pack a flask of tea etc. Fingers crossed he's liking it but I know a visit to the park is not quite an overnight stay. But who knows! ...