Holiday brochure

Del24

Aug 17, 2014
Hertfordshire
Just got a holiday brochure for Alzheimer's breaks 3 times a year.
My wife and I went once and we were lucky to get a cancellation but instead of giving us a discount they charged us £50 each extra a total of £1800.
It would have been worth the money if we both could have had a break.
They advertise quality time together and that's true because apart from 3 hours on one day my wife and I were never apart.
I wanted some time to myself and I never got it.
Why can't they make the holiday so the partner has more free time.
Please excuse my moaning.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Revitalise holidays are designed as holidays for both of you, but if you wanted more free time you could have gone on one of the trips without your wife and let her be looked after by the volunteers. Or send her on the trip and stay at the centre yourself?
If you book these holidays early enough, you get an early bird discount btw. We'll be going again in March.
There is also Dementia Adventure offering loads of trips this year throughout the UK.

Del24

Aug 17, 2014
Hertfordshire
The only time I was booked to go on a trip they couldn't find any one to sit with my wife only a middle aged man and she didn't want him she wanted a female companion.
The result was I couldn't go on the trip.
Another thing they never helped me get my wife out of the car into wheelchair or helped transfer luggage from car to room when we arrived and when we left.
Help with washing and dressing first two days was fine but the rest of the week it was young helpers that I had to assist.
We wouldn't go again.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I'm sorry you had those problems! Did you feedback to them? I must say that we were always helped promptly, and I had to fend off volunteers wanting to assist, so please let them know that they didn't uphold the usual standard. Use the feedback form you get after the holiday.

Del24

Aug 17, 2014
Hertfordshire
I did fill in the feedback form with an additional sheet of paper with some extra problems that I have not posted on this site.
They did not have the courtesy to acknowledge or reply.
It's not about the money we didn't get the holiday and help we were expecting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso