Holiday Break British Legion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Hi Everyone,
Been meaning to post this as I think it may be worth a look.
My uncle was in the forces( national Service) he has dementia and my aunt found out that British Legion do a free holiday Break for ex services, they recently returned from a nice little break in a lovely hotel in Southport.
There are a few around the country, I just thought I would share as if you go on the British Legion free holiday it explains everything there.
Might be a nice memory to make.
Hope it helps someone.
Huge Hugs Retta XXX

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
That sounds great. My husband is currently in a care home for two weeks which is for exservicemen and women and is gradually taking in those who have worked in the emergency services too.

It is first class. Well staffed with people who have a high morale partly because they see helping those who have done public service as an honour.

I will look at the British Legion website as John is a member.

Thank you.

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
That sounds great. My husband is currently in a care home for two weeks which is for exservicemen and women and is gradually taking in those who have worked in the emergency services too.

It is first class. Well staffed with people who have a high morale partly because they see helping those who have done public service as an honour.

I will look at the British Legion website as John is a member.

Thank you.
Hi Marionq,
As I said my aunt and uncle said it was really good and they enjoyed the break, they used to go abroad for about 3 months a year but can't now.
Hope you are able to enjoy a break too.
Good luck
Hugs Retta XXX

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
hi Rettaere
interesting that those who did National Service qualify - thinking about it, why wouldn't they, but I'd somehow not thought of my dad's National Service in the RAF as him now being an ex-serviceman

is this the website?
http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-support/respite/break-centres/

Hi,
Yes that's the website and my uncle only done his national service, as long as you have service number you have to put in.
Your dad served so is an ex serviceman. My dad was a regular he did ten years in marines, but as I said my uncle who went on break only did his national service.
Good luck and hope you get him a break.
Don't all service men and women deserve something special for what they have done for this country, no matter how long they served for.
Hugs Retta XXX

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Having looked at the centres they are a long way off for us to travel to but I hope others on TP will find this information helpful.

Best regards.

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
Having looked at the centres they are a long way off for us to travel to but I hope others on TP will find this information helpful.

Best regards.

Hi
Awww sorry to hear that but hopefully someone may get use out of this post.
Hugs Retta XXX

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I looked at those homes for OH, he had done National Service. He qualified, but they were all too far away. Ended up going to a holiday home that catered for all types of disabled. I must ad it the facilities were excellent, and there is a nurse on site ( needed when the abs he was on didn't work!). Urine on carpet did not phase cleaners, and I forgot to ask what they had used! Expensive, obviously. North Norfolk, if that's any use.

Rettaere

Sep 30, 2014
Liverpool
I looked at those homes for OH, he had done National Service. He qualified, but they were all too far away. Ended up going to a holiday home that catered for all types of disabled. I must ad it the facilities were excellent, and there is a nurse on site ( needed when the abs he was on didn't work!). Urine on carpet did not phase cleaners, and I forgot to ask what they had used! Expensive, obviously. North Norfolk, if that's any use.

Hi Spamar,.
If it helps one person posting this is worth it, my aunt who is 84 this month has been my uncles sole carer up until past few months, she enjoyed the break so much.
Anything to make their time here special is a bonus.
Hugs Retta XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.