Ho Ho ho - It's Christmas!!! Let's all have fun!

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
First of all, if you manage to see this in time I hope it brings a smile to your face.

(It's for the kids)

http://www.noradsanta.org/index.php

Secondly, let's all get into the Christmas spirit. Get the party hats on yourself and your loved ones, I'm sure they would want to look as silly as we all do.

While I know it's hard, and I suspect this may be mum's last Christmas (I hope not) I'm sure all our loved ones, whether here or looking at us from somewhere else would want us to be happy and have a right good laugh and be jolly at Christmas.

I know I would and you who are reading this would do if we were in the position of our loved ones.

Please, I don't want to upset anyone, but just for one day let's put the stress and problems behind us.

Have a peaceful and Happy Christmas to one and all!!

Kindest regards, Best wishes and a HO HO HO from

Steve

ckm51

Jun 4, 2005
Happy Christmas!

Just logged on as am feeling a bit low - this is the second christmas my partner has been in long term nursing home. Have just read the message from Steve and he has made me realise that he's right - all those loved ones who have alzheimers would want us to enjoy ourselves. So a very happy Christmas to one and all and let's enjoy it. ;)

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Shakey and ckm,

Wishing you a very happy Xmas. I'll be here on the night shift if you feel like posting, which is your day time, sort of.

It's lunchtime in Oz - 39C and I'm baking. Lunch is going to become dinner I think. Too hot to eat.

Take care

Jude

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Jude, you must be in North-East Oz? Just been speaking to my brother, who lives just south of Brisbane, Queensland, and that's exactly how he described the weather.

Ha! We English, eh? Opposite sieds of the world and we still talk about the weather!

Jude thanks for the words of comfort & wisdom you give us - you've certainly earned that knowledge the hard way. Best wishes to you all.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hi Lynne,

I'm in Far North Qld approx 140km's south of Cairns. It's about as far removed from Bali as you can get really - apart from the weather. That's pretty much the same - either hot and dry or hot and wet....

The town is quite amazing - it seems to be stuck in a 1940's timewarp. Pretty well everyone works in the banana and sugar cane industry and it's the only place in Oz that backpackers can work for 12 months of the year. The town is full of amazing architecture and funny little shops from a bygone era. It's really rather good and I'm enjoying myself immensely.

I've just taken over one of the two backpacker's hostels in town. 'The Savoy' is a 1940's Italian/Art Deco concrete fallout shelter, complete with corinthian columns! Good place to be in the likely event of cyclones. It was built initially as a cane cutters hostel for the blokes who laboured long and hard in the fields. Later it became a bordello! Thereafter, a block of flats, a family residence and ten years ago it was refashioned into a backpacker's hostel. So, a fairly chequered history thus far. I'll post some photos as soon as I can figure out how to do it again. New computer....

Anyway, if any TP friends have any younger family members who are planning a working holiday to Oz, then send them to me. I will look after them very well indeed!
Best wishes,

Jude