HMRC Scam

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

This is my third visit here today as my friend has sent me a text and reminded me to send this thread. On the news today there was a warning of a scam where people are being sent texts, emails and letters saying that they are due for a tax rebate from the HMRC. They look realistic but they ask for bank details. You could either bin the letter or have fun by sending them false details!

Happy Easter

MaNaAk

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
I think the scam is just sending texts, not letters?
The news report said if it's genuine, you will be sent the rebate either via a cheque in the post, or direct into your bank account.
Happy Easter MaNaAk :)

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Happy Easter to you too Sarasa!

Yes! I thought that was the case. Unfortunately my brain has been bunged up with cold but I needed to make sure that you were all aware of this scam as my friend fell victim to the a computer scam.

MaNaAk

PS: I don't know how these people sleep at night.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
How is the job going? X

Not too bad Alice although there is one awkward parent who doesn't understand that she owes me some fees but I will be able to sort this out tomorrow (yes! I have two pupils on a bank holiday). If there is going to be some difficulty with the fees then I will have to advise them to go elsewhere. After dealing with Alzheimers I should be able to deal with this.

I hope you had a good day. I got dad out for lunch today and we took a stroll down the street to admire the view of the Thames and pier. Dad was very pleased and he should have a good night.

MaNaAk

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Not too bad Alice although there is one awkward parent who doesn't understand that she owes me some fees but I will be able to sort this out tomorrow (yes! I have two pupils on a bank holiday). If there is going to be some difficulty with the fees then I will have to advise them to go elsewhere. After dealing with Alzheimers I should be able to deal with this.

I hope you had a good day. I got dad out for lunch today and we took a stroll down the street to admire the view of the Thames and pier. Dad was very pleased and he should have a good night.

MaNaAk

You are right about strength, our situations are certainly a good workout!
I am sure you will be able to be firm about the fees.
We had a good couple of day we were taken out to a wide turning point on the canal and sat and watched the boats and water in the sun. I envy the nearness to the Thames, it is 'my' river and has many memories for me.
My husband did too so a double pleasure.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
You are right about strength, our situations are certainly a good workout!
I am sure you will be able to be firm about the fees.
We had a good couple of day we were taken out to a wide turning point on the canal and sat and watched the boats and water in the sun. I envy the nearness to the Thames, it is 'my' river and has many memories for me.
My husband did too so a double pleasure.

It sounds like you had fun Alice. I visited dad today and I found that he hadn't slept all night. He was very tired but he was reasonably relaxed when I left.

Unfortunately my pupil's mum was still confused about the Piano lesson fees so I will have to leave a list of lessons together a list of what was paid and highlight the lesson that wasn't paid to the lesson co-ordinator. Hopefully she can put in a good word.

MaNaAk