Hiya I'm new here...

Claire2668

Sep 24, 2004
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire.
The Memory Walk 2004.

Hiya I'm new here,
I just wanted to know if anyone else did The Memory Walk 2004 on the 19th September 2004 in Wakefield?
It was the first time that I,my Hubby and 5 Children have done anything like this although we will always put a £1.00 in a donation box for most charities.I suffer from Social Phobia/Anxiety but I managed to get through this and we all walked with Pride and raised £235.50 to which we will try to add £64.50 from our own pockets to bring it up to £300.00.We will do this Walk every year from now on to benefit many of us in the future.

Last edited:

Claire2668

Sep 24, 2004
I was wondering ....

Thank-You all so much for your 'Congratulations!'
I am also a member of an online Alzheimers Support/Chat Group who have been amazing help to me while Mum has declined they have been a shoulder to cry on or listen to me vent and offered so much good advice many times.
On one of the post's there someone was asking if there is a Ribbon associated with the Alzheimers Society and what colour is it?LOL I was even wondering if there was not what about designing one- A Blue Ribbon with a Yellow Elephant in the middle holding a blue heart ? Just a suggestion.
Take Care,
Much Love & many Hugs,

Chris

May 20, 2003
Yellow Ribbon badges

A few years ago - for Awareness Week I think it was - there were little badges made up of a narrow yellow ribbon tied in a bow with a safety pin at the back.

Must have had a lot over as used well after the special Week - certainly our branch continued to use them or a couple of years - then the enamaelled badges came out & these did look more professional. The yellow ribbons did look very neat though.

Claire2668

Sep 24, 2004
Thanks Chris,
I did wonder if the Ribbons would either have been Yellow,Blue or both. Some of the people in my online Support Group found a site which said it was a white one but in recent years in the USA they had Purple Ribbons or Purple Hearts.
Take Care,
Much Love & many Hugs,