1. Claire2668

Claire2668 Registered User

#1 Claire2668, Sep 24, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
    The Memory Walk 2004.

Hiya I'm new here,
    I just wanted to know if anyone else did The Memory Walk 2004 on the 19th September 2004 in Wakefield?
    It was the first time that I,my Hubby and 5 Children have done anything like this although we will always put a £1.00 in a donation box for most charities.I suffer from Social Phobia/Anxiety but I managed to get through this and we all walked with Pride and raised £235.50 to which we will try to add £64.50 from our own pockets to bring it up to £300.00.We will do this Walk every year from now on to benefit many of us in the future.

2. Congratulations

Hi Claire!

Welcome to Runners Room! £300 is a great achievement - congratulations! We look forward to seeing you and your family next year!

Sharon

3. Jude

Jude Registered User

Dear Claire,

Welcome! Excellent result. Well done indeed. Look forward to seeing your posts on Talking Point too.

Jude

4. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Hi Claire
    that was a wonderful result from your walk and we congratulate you all.
    Welcome
    best wishes
    Norman

5. Claire2668

I was wondering ....

Thank-You all so much for your 'Congratulations!'
    I am also a member of an online Alzheimers Support/Chat Group who have been amazing help to me while Mum has declined they have been a shoulder to cry on or listen to me vent and offered so much good advice many times.
    On one of the post's there someone was asking if there is a Ribbon associated with the Alzheimers Society and what colour is it?LOL I was even wondering if there was not what about designing one- A Blue Ribbon with a Yellow Elephant in the middle holding a blue heart ? Just a suggestion.
    Take Care,
    Much Love & many Hugs,

6. Chris

Chris Registered User

May 20, 2003
    Yellow Ribbon badges

A few years ago - for Awareness Week I think it was - there were little badges made up of a narrow yellow ribbon tied in a bow with a safety pin at the back.

Must have had a lot over as used well after the special Week - certainly our branch continued to use them or a couple of years - then the enamaelled badges came out & these did look more professional. The yellow ribbons did look very neat though.

7. Claire2668

Thanks Chris,
    I did wonder if the Ribbons would either have been Yellow,Blue or both. Some of the people in my online Support Group found a site which said it was a white one but in recent years in the USA they had Purple Ribbons or Purple Hearts.
    Take Care,
    Much Love & many Hugs,