His battle is over

intensityp

Aug 16, 2006
dad passed away at 3.05am last tuesday (28 nov) at home with my mum and brother and sisters and me all holding him.... the long goodbye is an apt way to describe this vile disease, you think you are prepared but you are not. I never thought we would get to this point so soon and the shock and sadness is so great and overwhelming. Dad was well respected in the community and as i have children to take to school, i am constantly hearing condolenses which I want to run from because I don't want to cry again.. not anymore in public ..
we played his favourite opera at his funeral..madame butterfly
I will always miss him
I will always remember him
I will always love him
I will remember him to my children always
We as a family will take care of mum... so don't worry dad

Do not mourn the cocoon after the butterfly has flown

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi intensityp

Sorry to hear of your loss..........but your dad could not have asked for more......... he was surrounded by the people who loved him, and his suffering is finally over.............i think he would have left the room a happy man.

I'm sure your Dad would want you to look after you now.
Take care
Love Alex x

intensityp

Aug 16, 2006
stay strong for mum

I am a wreck at night but keep it together during the day ,and evening spent with mum... broke down big time when dad passed and at funeral but it made mum cry more, I dont want to put my grief on her, I want to support her, I want my dad before AD to give her a huge hug.. my dad adored my mum
enough

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
So sorry at your news .... try not to worry about any 'public' grief ...... it's the measure of respect for your dad that people care to pass on their condolences ... they only knew him - you got to love him and be loved in return..... hurts more, maybe, just now....... but hope sometime you will take some pride and comfort in that thought....

Love, Karen, x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
So sorry for you and your mum at this time. You're being so brave, looking after your mum when you are hurting so much inside. But don't try to be too strong ... you need time to recover yourself. Your friends on TP are all thinking of you.

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
I am so sorry to hear your sad news.
Take comfort in the fact that your Dad is happy and healthy again now and with you at all times. He will look after you all. Take the time to grieve...look after yourself and your loved ones.
Thinking of you all,
Hugs
M
x

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I'm sorry about your father.

Glad he was at home with family near him.

Lila

mojofilter

May 10, 2006
St.Helens
So sorry to hear about your loss, I can only echo the sentiments that have already been posted ....

Thinking about you and your family at this time,

Paul

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
So sorry intensity p. Your tears may actually help mum express her grief, so don't worry about having to be strong all the time.
"Do not mourn the cocoon, after the butterfly has flown" - a beautiful thought.
Love Helen

willemm

Sep 20, 2006
Dear intensityp
My thoughts are with you and your family. I know how you are feeling, my wife having passed away on 26th November. Let the grief out, it doesn't matter where or who with, people are very understanding and supportive. You will feel empty and your emotions will play havoc with you, but be strong. Your dad is now at peace, that is what you must remember at all times. Hard as it may be, try to be glad for his sake.
Love and best wishes
Bill

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so sorry to hear your news - how lovely that you were all there at your Dad's passing. I feel for you - but I do wonder whether you should contain your grief too much with your Mum - she needs to know that you are sharing the grief with her. (Hard to explain this but I hope you know what I mean). It is normal to be sad, to cry and to miss him - you loved him! An earlier posting said 'now it is time for you to look after you for a while' - that is what your Dad and your Mum would want you to do. (this is me speaking as a Mum).
Take care and remember one step at a time. Best wishes Beckyjan

Last edited:

Helena

May 24, 2006
intensity

Sorry about your Dad seems its been a real week of partings on this board

At least they are all now at peace from their torment

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear intensityp, I`m so sorry for the death of your father, but feel you should rejoice in the love within your family. Not everyone has that priviledge.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Thinking of you and of Willem too. So many "goodbyes" onthis board at present. May each and everyone be met by their guardian angels, and may your guardian angel watch over you in this time of sadness. Nell

intensityp

Aug 16, 2006
Bill

willemm said:
Dear intensityp
My thoughts are with you and your family. I know how you are feeling, my wife having passed away on 26th November. Let the grief out, it doesn't matter where or who with, people are very understanding and supportive. You will feel empty and your emotions will play havoc with you, but be strong. Your dad is now at peace, that is what you must remember at all times. Hard as it may be, try to be glad for his sake.
Love and best wishes
Bill

thank you so much and I am so sorry for your loss, your wife would be very proud of you shining like a beacon and helping others like me..and thank you to each and every one of you for your kind words... this will be my last post .. the butterfly has flown (each and every loved one) .. I will still grieve but i will have more patience and more tolerance and more understanding and more empathy and much more time for so many people and I gained that from my dad...my wonderful dad x