High tempeture after food send mother in law odd for 2-3 hrs

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
My mother in law has had unrine infection so been on antibiotics but now it seams about 1 hr after she eats her temp goes up and she starts seeing things, gets upset and starts shaking and for gets who she is and us .I put her to bed and have to sit with her holding her hand .Has any one else had this ? she has vascular dementia been diagnosed 2 1/4 years and has lived with us all this time. Very short term memory, cannot make a drink let alone a sandwich. think may have to go bak to DR.Was impressed when I call Dr last time they came out to her.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Yes, Id go back to the doctor. The UTI may not have cleared and she might need different antibiotics - best to check this.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I agree contact the GP and take a urine sample for testing.

I also suggest that, whenever antibiotics for a UTI have been prescribed for a person with dementia, a week after the treatment ends a sample is sent for testing even if there are no symptoms.

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
I agree contact the GP and take a urine sample for testing.

I also suggest that, whenever antibiotics for a UTI have been prescribed for a person with dementia, a week after the treatment ends a sample is sent for testing even if there are no symptoms.

thanks for replies think I will give them a call tomorrow

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
well that's dr surposed to call instead rand and prescribing more anti biotics told me to take a sample to surgery to get it sent away and may be blood tests later I week .so far no look with pee sample as I gave her a plastic tumble to do it in ad I closed door to give her space to do it to find she did it in loo ARRRRRRRRRR have tried twice more so far no look .feel like I baging head agaist brick wall

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
You could put a small plastic bowl in the pan and dash in before she flushes. I think it is a big ask to expect someone with dementia to manage to sort out a urine sample for themselves especially as any infection such as a UTI will make their confusion worse.
I washed out one of those clear plastic bowls prepared salads come in and that fitted well in the bottom of the pan.
Tre

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I can't get OH to give a urine sample anymore as he just "goes" in his pants whenever he feels like it so can't perform when asked. It's a difficult situation!

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan