Hi

margaretg

Feb 26, 2016
Wow what a week, I care for my Grandmother who has dementia and it is so tough! I didn't know it would be so hard, I was thinking of taking some sort of course to help me, in the evenings, does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Margaret x

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
Wow what a week, I care for my Grandmother who has dementia and it is so tough! I didn't know it would be so hard, I was thinking of taking some sort of course to help me, in the evenings, does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Margaret x

welcome to TP i am sorry to say i dont know any courses although i did read OU had one on dementia. I have looked after MIL for 3 years she has Vascular dementia .I am learning as i go on .and from help on here

margaretg

Feb 26, 2016
Thanks Balloo, I am learning something everyday! Its hard but its family, I did just order a guide, so I will see how it is, and I just finished reading contented dementia, which was really good.

margaretg

Feb 26, 2016
I am going to contact my local college to see if they have anything too, I think I want to do this as a career, it can be hard but for me, its helping people that matters!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba