Hi

Doreen h

Jun 26, 2015
Hayes. Middx
Any suggestions please
My husband will not let me help him to clean his teeth any more, he only does the very front ones and that's with me showing him what to do. I have stood beside him cleaning my teeth so he can see what to do but no joy also the mouthwash he swallows so l don't like him to have that anymore
Help

Feline

Oct 25, 2012
East Devon
Any suggestions please
My husband will not let me help him to clean his teeth any more, he only does the very front ones and that's with me showing him what to do. I have stood beside him cleaning my teeth so he can see what to do but no joy also the mouthwash he swallows so l don't like him to have that anymore
Help

Hi Doreen,
My husband won't open his mouth for a toothbrush, I have tried all ways to encourage him, just as you have. The dentist didn't have any more ideas either, so I just keep giving frequent drinks of water (as well as other drinks ) along with a varied diet of food and hope for the best, I too would be interested if anyone else has any brilliant ideas.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
What about visits to the dentist? Would your husband be willing to sit still for a cleaning? Or as long as possible? Some hygienists get quite enthused and go on and on. Perhaps by discussing the issues, you could go for a couple of shorter appointments to get a professional cleaning done.

I am having my mother's teeth cleaned 4 times a year now. The staff do brush her teeth but there's only so much they can do.