Hi

Christimuso

Jan 30, 2020
Hi folks, this is my first go at a forum, so I guess it takes a bit of getting used to. I, my brother and sister visit my mother in a care home. It is not a dementia home, and is a small family establishment, making it homely. It's disadvantage is that there are not many staff on, and there are not many activities. They are working to improve this however. It does mean Mum gets lonely, and almost certainly bored. Not many people use the lounge, and there's often only a handful at mealtimes. She is a very sociable person, and can still hold a conversation on a good day.

So this is what has led me to join the forum. I am not having much luck in finding the help videos! I am on a page saying "This forum...contains Help videos" but I can't see any links to any videos. So I'm stuck.
Ah...I've now found a way to see the videos, but it says that there is a "post new thread" blue box to the left of my Member icon on the top right, but I can't see any "post new threat" blue box. Whoops! "post new thread":D Ah, the guy in the video clicks something on the bottom left that I can't see, and this changes the page it's on. I'm finding this confusing.

Ah, I've clicked the "forum" button at the top, and the page has changed to one I haven't seen before. It now has a list which makes some sense: so I'm guessing that each item in this list is a forum. Is that right?

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Christimuso Welcome to Dementia Talking Point.

I`m sorry you`ve found it difficult to navigate the forum but you`ve done well and posted a new Thread.

I`m sure before long you`ll feel right at home here.

Now you have introduced yourself perhaps you`d like to start a new Thread in the forum I care for a person with dementia which you will find here.

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forums/i-care-for-a-person-with-dementia.70/

This way all your replies and all the support I hope you will receive will but together under one title and easy for you to find.

If you do start a new Thread as suggested, if you click on Watch Thread at the top of the page you will be notified each time you get a reply.