Hi

chants

Jan 7, 2007
Barnsley
Not been on here for a while - Mum is now in a care home - good days and bad. Good days are when she remembers that her great grandson belongs to her grandson and bad days when all she says is yep and gets everyone mixed up, the ones dead and the ones alive, or won't talk at all and tells you to go away.

Mum has her head down all the time and won't or cannot hold it up, have been told this is down to her parkinsonism.

She is now thinking that her grandson is with her - my son - but says she has been told she is dreaming, but insists he is following her and that I am always calling and then when she goes out of the room, I go away - she recalls this when she sees me only. Is this normal.

At least she is safe, not going missing, or leaving the taps on etc. Eating well and is clean, although she doesn't like leaving her room for long - it is her little world, which is sad. I still come away after each visit and have a cry and sometimes a laugh, as some of the thing she gets mixed up are quite funny, but sad at the same time and I think, if only Dad could see her now, he wouldn't believe it!

Keep your chins up everyone!! Take care.

Thanks - chants.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks for the update Chants.
I`m glad your mother has settled in her home. Whatever your worries now, they won`t be about her safety.
Take care xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Chants,

Your mum sounds settled and cared for..that's reassuring.

[QUOTEit is her little world][/QUOTE]..That surely is the most important thing..that mum can be in her little world.and still be safe and cared for...

You sound very positive about things..and take the ups with the downs...it's not easy but you seem to coping well.

Thanks for keeping in touch...
Keep your chins up everyone!!

And thanks for the encouragement and support!

Love gigi xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thank you for such a positive post.

It struck a cord with me. My husband sleeps alot and often wakes and 'relives' his dream for a while. It may be to do with work, or family - but usually nonsense. It takes a long time for him to come back to reality (if he does at all!!).

Good to hear from you

Best wishes Jan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bari