My father has been in a reasonable care home for a little over 2 years, and everything was going OK until last day of last week - before holiday weekend started. My sister lives in New Zealand and She normally rings dad - he is 95/nearly 96 and a proper gentleman - always with bright white shirt, colourful tie, cardigan and his favourite hat. The carer that answered her call accidentally let slip that he was going to be moved/relocated on wednesday!!! - just over 2 days from now!! Never any acknowledgement from care home - strangely there was no one answering phones. We heard that he was "scheduled " to go 12 miles away - to a care home that has had seriously terrible reviews for last 4-5 years -consistently. - and that the CPN (Community Psychiatric Nurse) was organising the transfer for next Wednesday morning. No one to date has contacted us!!! They are obviously after his room/bed. We have looked everywhere local for a place - but have only got placed on one waiting list but we are next in line for a slot. The Inpection reports for this "transfer" home are absolutely abysmal - we have actually visited it once - my partner got as far as the "reception" desk and turned around and went back outside to wait in car - smell was everywhere - yuk!! We left and though no more about it !! Told them we had reviewed it and thought nothing more of it!! So - on Tuesday when all homes should be back up and running as normal I fear that my father might be transferred- against our wishes - to this other terrible home!! Luckily, I had managed to get the help of a young lady aswering calls for local Social Services to instruct the existing care home to put everything on hold - at least until Tuesday. Yes I know its a long tale - but - how do i stop this care home from relocating my dad without knowing - and without permission. I have visions of them taking dad at first light in the cold morning to that frightening place - he definitely would freak out and not be happy at all. I actually suspect the local Social services are involved themselves - they threw a hissy fit last week when i advised that i had finally found a "suitable" home for dad - but would cost £1220 per week !! Any comments or better still - any ideas how to stop the forced relocation?? walking lad HELP!!