Hi my mum is 67 with mixed dementia it’s so upsetting for me. She is on 16 mg and she use to look after the kids for me 8 years now I say you can soo

flurry

Sep 27, 2020
Hi my mum has got mixed dementia she is only 67 . I am so close to my mum it’s so upsetting me . She looked after my kids for 8 years now I say to her you will look after them soon . She is on tablets 16 mg .one day she is ok then the nxt day she can’t get some words out she always came to our house now she only comes for half hour says she is going home to do washing .

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
You will get lots of support on here it is upsetting but please be kind to yourself what pills is she on at moment is it something for the mixed diagnosis?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @flurry

My dad was very up and down too. Sometimes it was something simple like being hungry or dehydrated. I often found that giving him a drink helped. He also wanted to go home when he’d had enough of us...usually about 3hrs in his case.

Now that you’ve found us I hope you’ll continue to post. There’s a wealth of experience of dementia here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heidi j