1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

Hi I'm new to this

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Talking Point' started by Forged me not, May 10, 2018.

1. Forged me not

Forged me not New member

May 10, 2018
    Hi, all not sure how this works but giving it a go....

2. ex sailor

ex sailor Registered User

May 19, 2017

3. ex sailor

ex sailor Registered User

May 19, 2017
    Hello and welcome.
    You keep trying it will make you feel much better and also maybe make some friends.
    Ex sailor

4. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Host

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    hello @Forged me not
    a warm welcome to TP
    now you've found us, do post again with anything that's on your mind - we're a sympathetic bunch with lots of collective knowledge to share
    I see from your profile that your dad has passed away; my condolences on your loss
    and that your mum has a diagnosis of Alzheimer's - which will be tough for her, and for you, coping without your dad
    so post with whatever you want to say, nothing is off limits here, and members will read and offer support

5. Forged me not

Forged me not New member

May 10, 2018
    #5 Forged me not, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018

6. Forged me not

Forged me not New member

May 10, 2018
    Thankyou

7. Forged me not

Forged me not New member

May 10, 2018
    #7 Forged me not, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Thankyou
    It's very difficult, Mom keeps forgetting and asking who will be taking her up to the hospital to see Dad.
    It's hard to play along with her, to make her feel better, but you have to deal with your own grief and the reality that Dads gone, at the same time.

8. Forged me not

Forged me not New member

May 10, 2018
    Thankyou

9. Malalie

Malalie Registered User

Sep 1, 2016
    Female
    grantham
    Hello and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm very sorry about the death of your Dad- sounds like you have no time to contemplate and grieve, but it seems to happen a lot from my experience - one partner dies and then the other one declines.

It happened with my Mum and Dad who died within the same year, and no sooner than OH's Dad died after suffering Parkinson's MIL developed Alzheimers.

Lots of nice people with extensive experience on here. Heres a good link to start off with anyway
    https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/compassionate-communication-with-the-memory-impaired.30801/

Best wishes to yo and do keep posting.