1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Hi, I'm new here and feeling very down

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by Helped, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Helped

Helped Registered User

Jul 9, 2019
    Female
    I am so pleased that your move went well for you. I am still considering moving, I don't think Jim would be upset at all about being in a different house, I am more concerned about him trying to 'help' dealing with estate agents/solicitors etc.

2. Helped

Helped Registered User

Jul 9, 2019
    Female

3. Helped

Helped Registered User

Jul 9, 2019
    Female
    Hi MorganaleFay - Our situations sound very similar, Jim also has trouble with words now and I have become quite fluent in what I call 'Jimspeak'. I too feel very guilty when I lose it with him but sometimes I just can't help it, I must have told him something about 5 times this morning but it just doesn't register, I know he can't help it, but sometimes I do get snappy. I feel that I have lost the man that I married and am now at the beck and call of someone I don't know any longer. Unless I can get a couple of hours to myself and meet up with a friend for lunch, I never have any 'adult' conversation at all and that can be quite lonely.

At least, joining this site has made me realise there are many of us in the same boat