Hi I am new to this and scared!

JLM

Oct 11, 2015
Not even sure I should be doing this but have read the posts and they are really helpful.
My mam has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia which they think has been happening for 3 to 4 years. She still knows who we all are but her body seems to be failing quicker than her mind. Big blow was consultant informed us on Friday that on top of this she also has Hydrocepalus which is the fluid from the spine leaking to the qtr of the brain that is still ok. They won't do the opp as they think it won't work because of age complications etc and mam doesn't want the opp also. Anybody know anything more about this?? Still in shock at min.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello & Welcome..................

JLM ( my real name ! ) from me also too T P & hope you find it useful & friendly as I have done

Sorry no real advice so am just sending you much Love , Support & BIG HUGS

Thinking of you

Love Grove X X

JLM

Oct 11, 2015
JLM ( my real name ! ) from me also too T P & hope you find it useful & friendly as I have done

Sorry no real advice so am just sending you much Love , Support & BIG HUGS

Thinking of you

Love Grove X X

Than you:)

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
You are very welcome JLM & hope you have found some support , advice & you feel a little better in joining TP ?

Wishing you strength in the days & weeks too come

Love Grove x x

JLM

Oct 11, 2015
You are very welcome JLM & hope you have found some support , advice & you feel a little better in joining TP ?

Wishing you strength in the days & weeks too come

Love Grove x x

I feel so much better for joining but frustrated!! As everyone will feel I know. Sorry just want answers I can't get! Not from TP just answers!!!!

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
So confused:(

Sorry you haven't had any replies specifically about hydrocephalus, JLM, but I don't remember seeing any mention on here before. Maybe someone will see your thread who has some experience.
Could you perhaps ring the consultant's secretary and explain that you would like more information?
Meanwhile, welcome.

JLM

Oct 11, 2015
Sorry you haven't had any replies specifically about hydrocephalus, JLM, but I don't remember seeing any mention on here before. Maybe someone will see your thread who has some experience.
Could you perhaps ring the consultant's secretary and explain that you would like more information?
Meanwhile, welcome.

Thank u so much!! U have just confirmed what we were thinking! Yes we have an we have an appointment early November. No one seems to know much about this but what ever detail I get I will post in case anyone else wants to know. Thanks :):(