Hi - I am a new member

our kid

Apr 8, 2015
Hello - it's Our Kid here.
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have two sisters and our lovely Mum who has lived alone for 10 years has just been diagnosed with Early Alzheimers. She has deteriorated from being her normal self to having virtually no short term memory in the space of five months.
It has been an uphill struggle for us to keep abreast of things but she now has carers and her meds sorted etc etc but the hardest thing is that me and my sisters live a long way from her, all with full time jobs, and cannot be there for her in her hour of need.
We are there every weekend but she is increasingly isolated and lonely.
:(

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Welcome

Hello Our Kid,

you are never alone here. We all walk beside you on a very hard journey. Keep posting my friend.

Love quilty

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Welcome

I smiled reading your name , a strong saying from my dad (dementia) of the past..

Here's our kid:D

Maryland

Mar 30, 2015
North East UK
Hi our kid

Hello - it's Our Kid here.
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have two sisters and our lovely Mum who has lived alone for 10 years has just been diagnosed with Early Alzheimers. She has deteriorated from being her normal self to having virtually no short term memory in the space of five months.
It has been an uphill struggle for us to keep abreast of things but she now has carers and her meds sorted etc etc but the hardest thing is that me and my sisters live a long way from her, all with full time jobs, and cannot be there for her in her hour of need.
We are there every weekend but she is increasingly isolated and lonely.
:(
I only joined last week and find it really helpful . I am a carer to my OH but if is good to know you are not alone and even if you need a rant or get something of your chest it makes you feel better.

What may be unique to you , you find that there are others our there going thru exactly the same. Ir does you good to talk . Take care.