1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. our kid

our kid Registered User

Apr 8, 2015
    Hello - it's Our Kid here.
    Just wanted to introduce myself. I have two sisters and our lovely Mum who has lived alone for 10 years has just been diagnosed with Early Alzheimers. She has deteriorated from being her normal self to having virtually no short term memory in the space of five months.
    It has been an uphill struggle for us to keep abreast of things but she now has carers and her meds sorted etc etc but the hardest thing is that me and my sisters live a long way from her, all with full time jobs, and cannot be there for her in her hour of need.
    We are there every weekend but she is increasingly isolated and lonely.
    :(

2. Quilty

Quilty Registered User

Aug 28, 2014
    GLASGOW
    Welcome

Hello Our Kid,

you are never alone here. We all walk beside you on a very hard journey. Keep posting my friend.

Love quilty

3. Kjn

Kjn Registered User

Jul 27, 2013
    Welcome

I smiled reading your name , a strong saying from my dad (dementia) of the past..

Here's our kid:D

4. Maryland

Maryland Registered User

Mar 30, 2015
    North East UK
    Hi our kid

I only joined last week and find it really helpful . I am a carer to my OH but if is good to know you are not alone and even if you need a rant or get something of your chest it makes you feel better.

What may be unique to you , you find that there are others our there going thru exactly the same. Ir does you good to talk . Take care.