Hi I’m new to group

Salsa

Feb 17, 2020
Hi I’m new to group ... I brought both parents with Alzheimer’s to live with me about three years ago ... in April 19 I was diagnosed with stage 4 bulky follicular lymphoma and having chemo .. I find it difficult and lonely taking care of my parents and find when I have to go in for treatment finding someone to care for them is hard .. I have to be admitted due to severe reaction to drugs

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hello @Salsa and welcome to the forum.

I’m so sorry to hear about your situation. It must be incredibly difficult. Do you have any regular carers for your parents? I don’t think it’s reasonable for you to undertake this on your own. I think it might be helpful for you to give the Helpline a call and talk things through with one of the advisors. The details are as follows -

Please keep posting on this forum now that you have found it. You’ll always find someone here to listen and support.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Hello Salsa and welcome, caring for one person with dementia is hard enough yet alone 2 and also taking into count your own illness. When I first started caring for mum I was put in touch with the Admiral Nurses (I think it was via mum's social worker) whose job it is to help the carer and they were brilliant - if you have admiral nurses covering your area then get in touch with them or try phoning 0800 888 6678 I think that is a national helpline number and they may be able to point you in the right direction.
Best Wishes

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knola28