Hi how to stop eating

Parkmews

Dec 21, 2019
I have frontal lobe dementia and can’t stop eating sweet thing the worst, and putting the pounds on does anyone know how to stop. I also have all the other signs Xx

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to DTP @Parkmews

I wish I knew the answer! I've put on far too many pounds myself while looking after my dad. I'm trying to eat sensibly. I've found that eating lots of vegetables (which I love) helps but the only way I can avoid eating sweet food is not to have it in the house!!

I also find going out for a walk or a bike ride stops me wanting to eat But when the weather is bad so am I...

Parkmews

Dec 21, 2019
Welcome to DTP @Parkmews

I wish I knew the answer! I've put on far too many pounds myself while looking after my dad. I'm trying to eat sensibly. I've found that eating lots of vegetables (which I love) helps but the only way I can avoid eating sweet food is not to have it in the house!!

I also find going out for a walk or a bike ride stops me wanting to eat But when the weather is bad so am I...
Thank you I will try that Xx

greensox

May 18, 2017
somerset
Hi patkmews,

My OH had ftd and developed a strong obsession for sweet things, cakes, biscuits chocolate etc. Also he cannot control his eating if we go somewhere where food is on display. So we try to avoid places where food is on display and I try not to buy sweet food. But I buy lots of fruit, vegetables and salads.

It also helps if he cannot see the food so simply to put things away out of view helps. At first he would constantly 'graze' in the kitchen looking for something to eat but that did stop after a year or two.

Hope some of that can help you.

Parkmews

Dec 21, 2019
Hi patkmews,

My OH had ftd and developed a strong obsession for sweet things, cakes, biscuits chocolate etc. Also he cannot control his eating if we go somewhere where food is on display. So we try to avoid places where food is on display and I try not to buy sweet food. But I buy lots of fruit, vegetables and salads.

It also helps if he cannot see the food so simply to put things away out of view helps. At first he would constantly 'graze' in the kitchen looking for something to eat but that did stop after a year or two.

Hope some of that can help you.
Thank you Xx

Chalkie

Jan 19, 2018
I have frontal lobe dementia and can’t stop eating sweet thing the worst, and putting the pounds on does anyone know how to stop. I also have all the other signs Xx
I've put on 1st since diagnosis of mixed dementia 18 months ago. My will power seems to have left me but I really must get my act together or I'll be as big as a house. perhaps if I did the shopping I could leave out the sweet/fat items but my husband likes to spoil me - I wish he wouldn't as I want to keep active.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FutureMrsBrown