Hi from Chica

chica

May 14, 2008
London
Second visit to this site - I am Norman's wife/carer - he has Alzheimers - Most days are good as we keep busy - plus a new anti depressent pill is helping to keep calmer -

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Chica

I`m glad to hear your husband`s new antidepressant is helping. It makes such a difference if the medication can be effective.
I hope you have many more good and calm days.
Love xx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Chica....so good to hear from someone having good days....please keep posting.
Love helen

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Hello,

My husband (55) has been on anti-depressants for awhile now and I think they have really made a difference to his moods.

Jackie

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Chica,

Good to hear from you. Glad the antidepressants are helping your husband,and that you're having good days together!

Love gigi xx

chica

May 14, 2008
London
Hi - so pleased to have some feedback - I shouldnt have spoken so soon - not long after writing that things were OK he had a terrible day - went to play golf and after a few holes he lost his temper when his ball went in a pond (he used to be a very good golfer ) said he didnt want to play ever again and wouldnt even stop for a coffee - we went home and he went on all afternoon about wanting to die and its my fault he has no friends as I have told them all about his problem and how he knew I would be happy when he died - I try to calmly point out that I spend 24/7 trying to make things nice for him but I did burst into tears ....
To-day and yesterday he has been fine.... Am taking him to Spain next week so hope a change of venue for a week will be good for him.... Thank you all for your interest

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Have a good holiday Chica.:)

I know just what it`s like to be blamed for everything even though , as you say, you spend your life 24/7 trying to make things better.

Love xx