1. chica

chica Registered User

May 14, 2008
    London
    Second visit to this site - I am Norman's wife/carer - he has Alzheimers - Most days are good as we keep busy - plus a new anti depressent pill is helping to keep calmer -

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hello Chica

I`m glad to hear your husband`s new antidepressant is helping. It makes such a difference if the medication can be effective.
    I hope you have many more good and calm days.
    Love xx

3. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Hiya Chica....so good to hear from someone having good days....please keep posting.
    Love helen

4. jackie1

jackie1 Registered User

Jun 6, 2007
    Cheshire
    Hello,

My husband (55) has been on anti-depressants for awhile now and I think they have really made a difference to his moods.

Jackie

5. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    Hello Chica,

Good to hear from you. Glad the antidepressants are helping your husband,and that you're having good days together!

Love gigi xx

6. chica

chica Registered User

May 14, 2008
    London
    Hi - so pleased to have some feedback - I shouldnt have spoken so soon - not long after writing that things were OK he had a terrible day - went to play golf and after a few holes he lost his temper when his ball went in a pond (he used to be a very good golfer ) said he didnt want to play ever again and wouldnt even stop for a coffee - we went home and he went on all afternoon about wanting to die and its my fault he has no friends as I have told them all about his problem and how he knew I would be happy when he died - I try to calmly point out that I spend 24/7 trying to make things nice for him but I did burst into tears ....
    To-day and yesterday he has been fine.... Am taking him to Spain next week so hope a change of venue for a week will be good for him.... Thank you all for your interest

7. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Chica,
    Have a good holiday. Do hope it does the trick.
    Best wishes
    Christine

8. andrear

andrear Registered User

Feb 13, 2008
    Yorkshire
    HI chica

Hope your trip to Spain does you both good.
    Love Andrea

9. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Have a good holiday Chica.:)

I know just what it`s like to be blamed for everything even though , as you say, you spend your life 24/7 trying to make things better.

Love xx