1. allylee

allylee Registered User

Feb 28, 2005
    west mids
    Just thought Id say hi to everyone, Im a new member, and a carer to my mom who has had Alzheimers for 2 years now, but were going through a tough patch at the moment. Having watched "Dad" on the telly the other night, Ive had pangs of guilt at the frustration that I feel with having to spend so much of my time sorting out one crisis to another.It would be lovely to hear that other people have the same feelings , and that Im not such a rotten person.

2. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Hi Allyee, Glad to know you have found us. Of course you are not a rotton person, you sound very caring and compassionate. Hope that you find TP a comfort and help. I'm Connie, by the way, and I care for my partner Lionel who has AD.

You will soon get to know everyone on TP by reading the posts, but suggest you try posting in the main section -Support for people with Dementia and their Carers. You will then get lots of replies as most people try there first. Best wishes to you - Connie

3. allylee

allylee Registered User

Feb 28, 2005
    west mids
    Thanx

Thanx Connie Ill try that. ally x

4. TED

TED Registered User

Sep 14, 2004
    Middlesex
    welcome Allylee

nice to hear some more refreshing and honest comments
    I was wondering how others felt about the program on the other day
    apart from an excellent bit of acting by mr briers.
    Personally I couldnt bring myself to watch it but have heard people comment on it.

I hope you visit here more often as the people here on this site are wonderful and can give so much advice help and support which I never thought possible from an internet site when I first appeared.

So welcome again, and while I'm here my thanks again to everyone else for your time, understanding, compassion, humour, jam(*), words and prayers.

TED X
    (*) - eddie izzard reference, sorry couldnt help myself....