Hi All im in Liverpool

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Hi all just been to see mum she dont look very well at all me and my partner have been down with my sister and her boyfriend and my dad. I had a very long conversation with the care home manager and he talked me through mums progression and told me things are moving very fast with mum and next thing it looks like is she's gonna become wheel chair bound and as were talking now my sister is really struggling to cope she's in total denial and feels she needs some kind of counciling so im wondering if theres someone she could talk to about it all as im worried for her im trying to encourage her to come on her to talk to you nice people and i wish she would to share some of her experiances with this really bad disease. At the moment shes having panic attacks and been suffering with depression. I just wish she would talk a bit more.

Mark

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Mark

I'm so glad you've been able to visit your mum. You'll feel so much better now you've seen her for yourself.

If your sister wants to join TP, she'd be very welcome, and I'm sure everyone would do anything they could to support her. But if she's depressed and having panic attacks, she really needs to see her doctor. He may refer her to a counsellor, or he may prescribe medication.

I'm sure it will help yopu both now that you and your sister have spoken to the matron, and know what is likely to happen with your mum.

I know it's difficult to come to terms with, but at least you know she is being well looked after.

Best wishes,

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Mark - keep encouraging her to have a look on here - could you sit at a computer with her and introduce her to the site.
Your GP can arrange counselling - get your sister to go and ask for it.
Love Helen

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Hello Mark and sister

Sorry to hear your Mum is getting worse, what a shock.

A friend of mine sees a counsellor from Cruise and she says it is common for relatives of people with AZ to go for counselling in the latter stages of their loved ones illness.

That makes sense because we are all experiencing a prolonged form of grief as we watch our loved ones slipping from us slowly, but inevitably, each day.
Not knowing wether there are days, weeks, months or years left until they die makes the process so very much harder, in my opinion.

In almost all other terminal illnesses we are given a rough timescale, not this one though, we are in limbo, can't plan ahead, can't bear to look behind, no wonder we are overwhelmed at times.

I think the first person your sister needs to see is the GP, her worries and feelings can always be aired here through you to begin with if she doesn't feel ready to post for herself yet.

I truly think I would have collapsed under the strain at times without TP to turn to, I know here I have good, kind friends who truly understand how I am feeling and never ever judge me!

Thinking of you both.

Kathleen
x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Mark, the number of friends who say do you receive counselling for what you are going through"?

a) did not realise you could get counselling,
b) I always reply............I have TP.

Do try to encourage your sister to join us.

Incidently................well done you.!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caroline124