Hi all how are you feeling this time of year ?

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Hi folks starting to feel really guilty now i have not been to see mum so im gonna ring the home today and see how she is.Ive been absolutly mad busy with the show all over the place. Ive even got to be up for 2:30am, as were off to Poland.

Another problem i have is i have no idea what to buy Mum for Christmas. Im feeling very down as this time of year is getting hard as id love mum to be able to celebrate it with her grandaughters and us. I am trying to fight the depression but its hard. I suppose im not the only one feeling like this.

Hope your all ok

Mark

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hello Mark,
This is the first Christmas that Peter has been in E.M.I. Unit and in final stage. I just wanted to shut myself away but I have grandchildren and Peter use to loving Christmas with them. So I am keeping up the tradition, Christmas with them, I know it is what Peter would have wanted. as for a present for your Mum - C.D. her favourite smelling soap, pjamas, cuddly toy ? Sorry can't think of anything else. Wish you luch and good luck on your tour. Best wishes. Christine

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Don't think i will have much a Christmas. Things don't look good.At least this year i have managed to get presents. Every year so far has just got worse. Dreading next year.
As for Christmas presents i always got my Mum nightwear, socks and toiletries. Found they didnt go wrong.

cariad

Sep 29, 2007
Hi, yes this time of year is hard, thank god for kids!!!!! Think I would just skip it otherwise. How about a nice photo album which you could fill with photos of your mum and you and people she remembers or doesn't. You could add a little print to clarify. Keep fighting!

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I share your quandary about what to buy for my mum, as there isn't much she takes notices of or pleasure in these days. I'm thinking of getting her some flowers or a plant maybe - although the plants don't do well in the hothouse environment in the nursing home!

onlygirl

Jul 24, 2007
Philippines
Its going to be a very special christmas for us this year. As i write my mother is in a hospital icu. I have offered many prayers for her speedy recovery from complex conditions that are related to AZ. The last ones, i have offered for her special intentions.My father said we all should come home, me and my brothers and our families if possible. Maybe, this is my mother's special intention.Gathering us all together this christmas.For the first time in so many years, and for the last time.Please pray for us, for strength and courage. God bless and comfort us all.

So, ask me again how i am feeling this time of the year.