hi al

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear snuffy, thank you for thinking of us. For Lionel & me, everything as good as we can make it. Glad to hear from you, hope you are coping, love Connie

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Snuffy, more to the point, are you OK? Please let us know how you are doing, we all care deeply about you here because we know what you are going through. Love and hugs, She. XX

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Snuffy, sorry, head in a bit of a fizz today, can't place it, please tell me more of what it says though. Sounds like it fits the bill for us who are newly berieved does it? It's a year today for me and I still miss her so darn much, so I know what you are feeling my love. Love and hugs, She. XX

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Hi Snuffy,

Yes, it's by the Police... who also sang "Message in a Bottle":

"Walked out this morning
Don't believe what I saw
A hundred billion bottles
Washed up on the shore
Seems I'm not alone at being alone
A hundred billion castaways
Looking for a home"

It must be the TP song.

Take care,

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
Lonely I'm so lonely,
I have nobody,
For my own
I'm so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I have nobody,
For my own
I'm so lonely,

by a "frog!"

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Snuffy
would you believe I am often lonely?
We don't have sensible conversations any more,sometimes I dont speak to anyone outside for days.
We cannot discuss and decide on any course of action any more and that takes away the pleasure of many things.
Thinking of you
Norman

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Snuffy
you know the pattern friends vanish when AD comes in.
Sons appear when they wish.
I do get 2x3 hour sessions for a sitter now,that helps,
We have this wonderfull cleaning lady now, Monday AM,she is more like daughter now.
We now have no social worker in fact I have just made a stage 2 complaint about Social care.
Snuffy I think we all feel sorry for ourselves,you because you lost your Mum,and me because I have lost my dear Peg,although she is still with me.
Thinking about you
Norman

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
mum was allocated a Social worker soon after her diagnosis. I spose it depends which area one lives in.
As for chatting/conversation. I just talk to myself!! Can answer and have no arguements!
snuffy

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hey Snuffy, I've been talking to myself for ages - well, ever since Jan moved to the care home.

Yes, it works, despite some of the stupid replies I give to myself. Sometimes I reply to myself with a German or French accent, just to vary things a bit. That way I can have an argument with myself about the EU. Either way, I win the argument.

Dementia makes fools of us all....

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hi Snuffy,

Having a cat around the house was really handy because I could talk to him and not feel completely daft. Mind you, I did speak to him in Indonesian, which was probably a bit of a worry really.

Jude