Here we go again

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Just got back from collecting mum after a week of respite. We had a lovely, restful week, we stopped argueing, we laughed and acted like the normal couple we are . We went into the ch and she was dozing in the chair, we touched her arm and she said hello but with no real recognition, she then asked what was going on, i said we were going home and she said oh no!. I collected her meds and packed her bag and we went back to the lounge. We got her in the car ( she didnt know where we were going, altho we'd told her umpteen times!) and we came home. Oh went back to work, mums got a cup of tea and is undoing and doing up her blouse!!, i unpacked the bags etc and am now sitting here while mums dozing in the chair. All i can think of is life is now on hold again, someone opened the cage and my hubby and i flew round for a week now someones shut the cage again!! How long can we do this for?? Feel so trapped

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Mum sounded happy enough in the home ? Would you consider placing her there permanently ?

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Mum sounded happy enough in the home ? Would you consider placing her there permanently ?

Yes i think she' d love to stay, she shouts a lot at home but i cant sit with her 24/7 and shes only quiet wen i sit with her! We have always lived with mum and the house is in her name, so if she went into the ch we would lose the roof over our heads!!

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hi chelsea girl,pleased you both had a rest, but sorry the problems have started again,just had a small thought, if your mum is under the memory clinic they may have a befriender service, my mum in law was able to have a lovely lady pop in for a cup of tea and "keep her company" for an hour,once a week, maybe not enough to help you but may be worth looking in to:eek:
Take care
Chris

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Hi chelsea girl,pleased you both had a rest, but sorry the problems have started again,just had a small thought, if your mum is under the memory clinic they may have a befriender service, my mum in law was able to have a lovely lady pop in for a cup of tea and "keep her company" for an hour,once a week, maybe not enough to help you but may be worth looking in to:eek:
Take care
Chris

I'll find out chris. Thanks

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Hi Chelsea girl :)

If by any chance, you are over 60, the property should be automatically disregarded. The local authority also has the power to disregard it on a discretionary basis for carers under 60.

See the relevant sections of the Age UK Factsheet:

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/Documents/E...rmanent_care_home_provision_fcs.pdf?dtrk=true

Wishing you all the best :)

Lindy xx

Thanks lindy, my hubby and i are 55 so will enquire abt the coucil disregarding the house. Thank u x