Here we go again

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by creativesarah, Apr 27, 2015.

1. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Tomorrow I have an appt with the Job Centre:(

I wonder what they will say?

I also have a form to fill in about ESA but I am putting off filling that in until I get back from Wales.

2. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    I hope the meeting will be just a routine one for you Sarah. Wishing you well. X

3. creativesarah

Meeting went OK I rather spectacularly forgot the questions the lady was asking me, managed to wet myself on the way there and missed my bus. Oh well at least I was myself

4. Lindy50

Lindy50 Registered User

Dec 11, 2013
    Cotswolds
    Glad the meeting went well Sarah :) I'm also pleased to see that you retain your wonderful sense of humour:D

All the best, Lindy xx

5. creativesarah

The best thing was she asked me about my social life and I said I go to weight watchers and she said I didn't look as if I needed to go :)

6. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    Was it any business of hers to ask about your social life? I suppose she was trying to trip you into saying you run Ann Summers parties or something. Or made friends through your jobs. Your answer was brilliant. I would have been tempted to say I commune with my deceased family , in graveyards, or said ' Rubbish, how's yours? Fancy a coffee?' ;)

7. creativesarah

Good reply Deborah she seemed concerned that I might be a bit isolated and said she had tried to ring me to say she could do the interview by phone. In future they will be. :)

8. stanleypj

stanleypj Registered User

Dec 8, 2011
    North West
    That's actually good to hear Sarah. Obviously, it would obviously be even better if they didn't make you jump through hoops.