Help

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
The last couple of days have been bad for me, I feel like I'm gettin worse, and goin slightly out of control. It does worry me a bit as I am a Mum of three daughters and am finding it difficult to do normal day to day things. I'm afraid to say the wine came out @4.30 this arvo,I felt so anxious. Annoyed with myself that I was weak and had to do this. I just feel like I'm never gonna feel any different the way I do now... I'm worrying about my Dad, he looks so broken.. he even looks ill.. Will it really get easier for me? Do you know, I haven't even dreamt about my Mum yet, only disturbing ones about funeral homes and bodies.. Why? :eek: Am I going mad, or is this normal behaviour for someone who's Mum has died and her funeral was the first she'd been to? Anyway, I hope tomorrow I'm a sane Mummy, not a mad one.. Thanks for listening, sorry for waffling, but its good to talk isn't it? Nickyxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh dear Nicky,

What can you expect after such a short time? Because of your daughters you have to carry on your life as you normally would, but your life isn`t normal just now, and yet you are still putting on a face for the world.

If your girls are at school, and I know it`s half term in many areas, try to give yourself a bit of real gieving time, a bit of space in the day when you can give in to your feelings.

Post here whenever you wish to offload your feelings. No one can bring your mother back, but we can offer a shoulder to cry on.

Love xx

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Nicky

((((HUGS))))

Im so very sorry to hear about your loss. So Sorry I don't know what to say to help ease your pain at this moment in time, but just felt I had to give u a ((hug)).

Are you on your own with your girls or have you got someone who could come over and sit with you. It might help talking to someone who knew your mother but outside of the family.

Don't worry about going off the rails a bit, I'm sure we all do from time to time, I know I do. And no your not mad, the good dreams will come.

(((HUGS)))

Take Care
Clare:)

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
The last couple of days have been bad for me, I feel like I'm gettin worse, and goin slightly out of control. It does worry me a bit as I am a Mum of three daughters and am finding it difficult to do normal day to day things. I'm afraid to say the wine came out @4.30 this arvo,I felt so anxious. Annoyed with myself that I was weak and had to do this. I just feel like I'm never gonna feel any different the way I do now... I'm worrying about my Dad, he looks so broken.. he even looks ill.. Will it really get easier for me? Do you know, I haven't even dreamt about my Mum yet, only disturbing ones about funeral homes and bodies.. Why? :eek: Am I going mad, or is this normal behaviour for someone who's Mum has died and her funeral was the first she'd been to? Anyway, I hope tomorrow I'm a sane Mummy, not a mad one.. Thanks for listening, sorry for waffling, but its good to talk isn't it? Nickyxxx

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Accepting my Mums gone

Thankyou both for your kind comments. I think deep down , I know that what I'm feeling is very normal, I am finding it hard to accept that Mum has gone, I know she has and I'm not in denial but... its soo hard... I think the good thing is I actually talk all the time about whats happened, and have all throughout Mum's illness. I also let my feelings out very easily, so they're not being bottled up at all. So maybe its just a matter of just gettin used to, not being able to see or speak to her.. And Yes, the girls are on half term, and don't I know it!!!!!!!!:D Thanking you Ladies, Nickyxxx::

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
I have just read your post and the dreams i had when my mum passed were only ones of her ill yet in my dreams i was glad she was still alive but i knew even in my dreams she had gone i am so sorry i am the pain i feel for my dad is so sad he just looks so lost now

take care kathy

ps i have sent you a personal message x