Help

christinewright

Nov 20, 2012
Hi Everyone, this will be by first post on here but I have used it as source of information for some time.

My mother in law was confirmed with the condition in 2010 and for 2 years was on Aricept without any joy, in October last year they decided to remover her from the medication which we were in agreement with as getting her to take another table which was not helping was no stress than it was worth.

So at Christmas she moved in with us, since this time her condition has still deteriorating and yesterday at her appointment they have decided she now has a moderate condition. When the doctor was at the house one of the questions they asked was about her dressing and personal hygiene, which is an area we have a number of concerns about.

Every morning my mother in law will go into the shower but is only in for approx. 2 min and then she is out, in this time she will according to her washed and showered. I have followed advice and although I check to see if the soap is wet and the shampoo has dropped which it never does. I then follow the following pattern 1 day let it go, next day will put her in the bath with bubbles, next day let it slid and the fourth day point out that I am just prompting her the soap is dry so she needs to pop back into the shower and have a wash.

When the Doctor mentioned about her washing I did mention this was an area of concern but didn’t go into any details, at this point my mother in law threatened to kill me. Saying she was going now and didn’t want to life here anymore and I was dead when I sleep tonight.

I know it was the condition and I am tall, wider and stronger than this 81 year old but it has really hit me hard.

Helpppp

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Christinewright

Welcome to TP

Has she actually tried to be aggressive to you? Was your hubby with you at the time? I only say that because my MIL lives with us and can get verbally aggressive when for example someone comes and assesses her for Day Centre. I have now insisted my hubby is there if and when these things come up as she is never so aggressive with him

I hope things work out for you x

christinewright

Nov 20, 2012
At the time the Doctor was with us, she not been hit me is just getting more and more verbal. Unfortunatley my husband works away during the week so normally it is just me and my mother in law during the day and at the moment my kids as well.

Although this had happened at 11 in the morning I was getting evil eyes all night, it was as if she had fixed on this event and had not moved on from it.

Pacucho

Sorry to read about the experiences you had with your mother-in-law, which I also had with my mother when speaking about her to her consultant. One lesson I learnt was to explain to any medical professional and social worker that if there was something I felt I could not say in front of mum, I would explain it to them afterwards in confidence or as I usually did I would speak to them first before they saw my mum.
Hope this helps,

Paco

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75