Help

Georgy girl

Feb 7, 2020
I'm so tired of me and my mum arguing

I'm not well myself suffering from depression and anxiety.
I feel so helpless and run down but after my dad died 16 months ago I feel so lost .

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I’m so sorry to hear how bad things are for you at the moment. I’m glad you’ve found Dementia Talking Point as you’ll get lots of support here. There’s always some here to listen.

I wondered if you could tell members a little more about your situation. I’d imagine your mum has a diagnosis of dementia.

It’s really not long since your dad died and you must be grieving. Do you have any help or support at home for your mum? If you haven’t spoken to your GP about your own health please contact them.

Please keep posting here. As I said you’ll find lots of support on the forum.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019

I feel so helpless and run down but after my dad died 16 months ago I feel so lost .
Oh my lovely you are having a rough time & I know that you will find this forum so helpful & supportive just as I do.

I know that lost feeling, so tonight look out at the stars if you get a chance & know that at some point I will be doing the same
((((Hugs))))

It’s so hard to change how you react to your mum but believe me if you can visualise your Mum as an awkward teenager / child it does help a little

At times my aged mother is like a giant toddler with bank accounts & that includes the diapers!!!!!!! o_O

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West

Its not easy @Georgy girl. I was left in a difficult situation when my dad died in 2015 and it took a while to adjust to the new life ahead. Try not to let everything become a battle, easier said than done I know only too well, but its important to recognise when not to engage, for your sanity as well as your mums emotional needs. Its also tough coping with the death of a parent while trying to move on and deal with the day to day issues of dementia.

There are lots of fact sheets on the Alzheimer's Society pages, and it might be worth watching Teepa Snow on youtube she explains things really well.

We all make mistakes, no one is perfect at caring or dealing with everything that comes with dementia so cut yourself some slack, pause and gather your thoughts. I'll be honest I had no quarms in going to see my GP and going back onto meds as it all got too miuch, especially my anxiety.