Help

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Kizzymitch
and welcome to DTP
it's tricky if your mum is deemed to have capacity as she is consicered to have the 'right' to make her own decisions, even pnes that to others are bad decisions .... so sadly you may be waiting for a crisis and then a best interests meeting to take things out of her hands
I guess you have involved her Local Authority Adult Services, had an assessment of her care needs and a care package put in place ... and that she is not co-operating with home care visits
might you try some tugging at her heartstrings .. eg, it's for my peace of mind, mum, I worry about you especially when I can't be with you all the time, so just go along with it for me ... or, it's to help you stay at home for as long as possible and that's what you want, isn't it, (but don't threaten a move to residential care as you don't want to build any resistance to that or have it seen in a negative light) ... or the GP and consultant have ordered it, so it's part of your healthcare ...
or tell her it's free for everyone over whatever age is 1 year before hers, so she may as well get her money's worth ... or, the carers are friends who need the work to get some qualifications, so would she kindly help them out, as they can't yet visit people who have healthcare needs and she can help train them ...
anything that will appeal to her and give her a way to grudgingly accept
maybe call them cleaners or housekeepers and have them start with light duties then build up to full care visits

sorry if this isn't what you meant

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan